The Digital Media Lab (DML) at the Lewisville Public Library is a self-serve lab located on the 2nd floor of the Library. The DML offers the space, equipment, and software for patrons to get creative with video, audio, and graphic design. The DML also offers equipment and software for converting outdated media formats and digitizing print and analog materials from your personal/family collections. The DML is not a sound proof audio/music recording space.
The DML opens at the same time as the Library each day. The DML closes and must be vacated 15 minutes prior to the Library's closing. Video conversion is done is real time, so please plan projects accordingly.
|Digital Media Lab Hours of Operation|
|Monday-Thursday||10 a.m. - 8:45 p.m.|
|Friday-Saturday||11 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.|
Using the DML
- Only patrons working on digital media projects (video, music, graphics, photo editing, digitization, etc.) will be allowed access to the DML. Public use computers, study rooms, and meeting rooms are available elsewhere in the Library. Visit the Adult Services desk on the 2nd floor to use the DML equipment and software.
- All equipment in the DML must stay in the DML.
- Patrons must have a valid full-privilege library card in good standing to use the DML. Patrons ages 14 and over are eligible to use the DML independently. Patrons 13 and younger may use the DML with a parent/caregiver present.
- When not reserved, the equipment on the DML is available on a first come, first serve basis. A reservation is strongly recommended to guarantee equipment availability. Reservations may be made by visiting or calling the Adult Services Desk at 972.219.3779. Reservations may be made up to one week in advance. A cardholder may have no more than one pending reservation. The initial reservation is for a three-hour period.
- Patrons must bring their own portable media storage such as a USB drive, SD card, external hard drive, or writable (W or RW) CDs or DVDs. Specific storage may be required for different pieces of equipment. See equipment webpages for details.