Sewing & Embroidery at The Hive
The Hive makerspace offers two sewing machines, one serger, and one embroidery machine. The sewing equipment is free to use by any patron with a valid, full privilege Lewisville library card in good standing. Patrons must provide their own materials such as fabric and thread. Sewing tool kits are available for checkout. Be sure to review The Hive User Guidelines for details on using the equipment.
- All patrons requesting to use the sewing equipment must have a valid full privilege Lewisville library card in good standing, and complete a training course on proper machinery usage prior to checking out the machine materials. Contact The Hive for training opportunities.
- The sewing equipment is available on a first come, first serve basis and must be checked out at The Hive service desk.
- Machine needles and bobbins are specific to the machines and are provided by The Hive.
- Additional items available for use include a dress form, iron and ironing board, cutting mats, and hobby table. Sewing kits are available for checkout that include fabric shears, pinking shears, dress maker shears, measuring tape, thimble, needle threader, fabric pencils, pins, seam ripper, hand sewing needles, and rotary cutter.
- For safety purposes, all patrons must stay with their sewing projects as they are running. Abandoned projects will be canceled.
|Brand/Model|| Brother™ CE7070PRW Project Runway™ Limited Edition
[click here for the sewing machine Operation Manual]
|Embroidery Bed Size||5" x 7"|
|Embroidery Hoops Available||
|Designs & Fonts Available on the Machine:|
|Brand/Model||Singer ProFinish™ 14CG754|