DUE TO THE LIBRARY'S CLOSURE, THE MINT IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE.
Silhouette Mint™ at The Hive
The Hive makerspace offers a Silhouette Mint™ for use by any patron with a valid, full privilege Lewisville library card in good standing. Be sure to review The Hive User Guidelines for full details on using the Mint.
The Mint is free to use; however, patrons must supply their own materials in accordance with the material guidelines listed below. Materials for use with the Mint are available for purchase from Silhouette America at https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/shop. Materials for use with the Mint are available for purchase from the Library in limited sizes.
What is the Silhouette Mint™?
The Mint is a desktop thermal printing stamping system. It is a quick, easy way to make personalized stamps.
- All patrons requesting to use the Mint must have a valid full privilege Lewisville library card in good standing and have filled out The Hive Use Agreement prior to checking out the machine.
- Files for use on the Mint can be created using the Mint Studio™ software. Mint Studio™ is a free software available at https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/software
- The Mint is only for use with Mint Stamp Sheets. Other stamping sheets or types of stamps will not work with the Mint.
- Makers are limited to one reservation per week per machine type. After a reservation has been used, if available, Makers can use the Mint on a first come, first serve basis. The Mint must be checked out at The Hive service desk and is only available for use in The Hive.
- For safety purposes, all patrons must stay with their Mint projects as they are running.
|Maximum Stamp Size||
45 mm x 90 mm
Mint Studio™ - free software available for download at https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/software
Silhouette Mint™ Stamp Sheets
Mint Stamp Sheets are available for purchase from Silhouette America at https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/shop. Limited sizes available for purchase at the Library.
The Mint is a mobile checkout and can be used with your personal laptop or a library laptop, as long as it is used inside The Hive. The CAMEO must be connected to a PC via USB in order to work.