Novels at Night
2nd Monday of each month, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
No Registration | Small Conference Room
Novels at Night is the perfect book club for readers of popular fiction and nonfiction, bestsellers, and award winners. A limited number of copies of the book are provided. Pick up a copy at the meetings or ask for one at the upstairs reference desk. Join at any time!
- December 9 | Warlight by Michael Ondaatje
- January 13 | Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty
- February 10 | Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark T. Sullivan
- March 9 | Once Upon a River by Diane Setterfield
- April 13 | Natalie Tan's Book of Luck & Fortune by Roselle Lim
- May 11 | Grandma Gatewood's Walk by Ben Montgomery
- June 8 | Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger
- July 13 | The Shadow of the Wind by Carlous Ruiz Zafon
- August 10 | Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane
- September 14 | Miracle Creek by Angie Kim
- October 12 | The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
- November 9 | Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center
- December 14 | NO SELECTION—Cookie Exchange
Booked for Murder
3rd Tuesday of each month, 2-3 p.m.
No Registration | Crawford Meeting Room
Booked for Murder is a book club for lovers of mysteries, thrillers, and suspense novels. A limited number of copies of each month's title are provided. Pick up a copy at the upstairs reference desk or at the meetings. Join at any time!
- January 21 | Bone Rattler by Eliot Pattison
- February 18 | The Fox by Frederick Forsyth
- March 17 | The 7½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton
- April 21 | A Killer's Mind by Mike Omer
- May 19 | The Widows of Malabar Hill by Sujata Massey
- June 16 | Our House by Louise Candlish
- July 21 | Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz
- August 18 | Freefall by Jessica Barry
- September 15 | The Switch by Joseph Finder
- October 20 | She Lies in Wait by Gytha Lodge
- November 17 | Never Have I Ever by Joshilyn Jackson
- December 15 | NO MEETING
3rd Saturday of each month, 3-4 p.m.
No Registration | Locations Vary*
Robot Overlords is a book club for readers of science fiction, fantasy, horror, and graphic novels. Each month has a different theme and readers get to select their own book that goes along with that theme. Librarians will bring suggested titles to each meeting. Join at any time!
- December 21 | Shapeshifters (Suggested Titles)
- January 18 | Hauntings/Possessions/Ghosts
- February 15 | Public domain characters in new stories
- March 21 | Clones, Doppelgängers, and Doubles
- April 18 | Apocalyptic/Post-Apocalyptic Fiction
- May 16 | Banned SF/Fantasy/Horror Books
- June 20 | Witchcraft
- July 18 | Mythic Fiction
- August 15 | Artificial Intelligence
- September 19 | Cyberpunk
- October 17 | Horror Around the World
- November 21 | Amnesia/Unreliable Memory
- December 19 | Paranormal Creatures
*The meeting on Saturday, December 21 will take place at A La Sweet (3090 Justin Rd #305, Highland Village, TX 75077).
Senior Book Club
3rd Wednesday of each month, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
No Registration | Lewisville Estates Senior Living (800 College Pkwy., Lewisville 75077)
Senior Book Club is for readers of fiction, biographies, and nonfiction. Read a book that goes along with each month's theme and come talk about the book you read at the meeting. This book club meets at Lewisville Estates Senior Living. Librarians will bring suggested titles to each meeting. Join at any time!
- December 18 | Beaches (Suggested Titles)
- January 15 | Pick a Memoir
- February 19 | Short Fiction
- March 18 | New York, New York
- April 15 | New and Popular Nonfiction
- May 20 | Mothers
- June 17 | Extraordinary Women
- July 15 | Looking Back
- August 19 | In Another Time
- September 16 | Paris is Always a Good Idea
- October 21 | Lariat List Selections
- November 18 | Homecomings
- December 16 | Christmas Stories
2nd Sunday of each month, 2 p.m.
No Registration | Small Conference Room
Spend a Sunday afternoon enjoying a lively discussion on a variety of popular and literary fiction books.