SUMMER READING KICKOFF PARTY
Saturday, June 9, 2-4 p.m.
It's time to rock and read with Lewisville Public Library's Reading Program for all ages! Babies, kids, tweens (ages 9-12), teens, adults--anyone can join in the fun! Celebrate the start of this year's Summer Reading Program with our annual indoor, carnival-style party. Enjoy free, fun activities for the whole family and live music by Dano! Tikiz Shaved Ice will be on site selling snow cones.
SUMMER READING PROGRAM FOR CHILDREN
For Babies to 5th grade
- June 8-July 12: Register at the Library to receive your reading log.
- You CHOOSE your challenge! Read 25 books, 25 hours, or 25 days.
- July 2-August 5: Turn in your completed reading log to receive your prizes and free book!
- Kids—earn a chance to win a Minecraft prize package when you turn in your completed reading log!
- Tweens—turn in your completed reading log and attend tween programs for chances to win a Nintendo 3DS XL!
- Attend free events and classes at the Library during June and July.
Visit the Library's Children's page for the schedule of activities for kids.
SUMMER READING PROGRAM FOR TEENS
For Teens entering grades 6-12
- June 8-July 12: Register in person at the Library to receive your reading log.
- You choose your challenge! Read 25 books OR read 25 hours OR read 25 days.
- July 2-August 5: Turn in your reading log to receive your prizes—five entries into the prize drawing for a Nintendo Switch plus two games, a ticket to the End-of-Summer Bash, and a free book!
- Attend our teen programs to earn collectible buttons and entries into the prize drawing for a Nintendo Switch plus two games!
Wednesday, August 8 from 7-8 p.m. (Doors open 6 p.m.)
Ticket Required | MCL Grand Performance Hall
100 N. Charles St., Lewisville, TX
Get ready to rock out with world-renowned wizard rock band Harry and the Potters at our end-of-summer bash! Wizard attire encouraged! Complete your summer reading log to earn a ticket (available while supplies last).
The winner of the Teen SRP Grand Prize, a Nintendo Switch, will be drawn at the event.
Visit the Library's Teen page for events and programs happening this summer.
SUMMER READING PROGRAM FOR ADULTS
For Adults ages 18+
- June 8-August 5: Visit the Library to pick up a reading log or reading challenge.
- Read three books of your choice for your reading log, OR read one book for your reading challenge.
- Turn in completed logs and challenges upstairs at the Adult Services Desk for a chance to win a prize! Prize drawings will take place on June 29, July 20, and August 6.
- Complete multiple reading logs and reading challenges to earn extra entries!
- Attend Library programs and classes for adults to earn extra entries into the prize drawings.