Summer Reading Program Prize Pickup for Children & Teens
While the Library building remains closed to the public, the Library has scheduled a few prize pickup dates with two options for children and teens to turn in their completed reading log and pickup their prize.
Only one reading log per child may be redeemed for prizes.
Come in-person on the following dates to pickup your Summer Reading Program prize book. See pickup options below.
|Friday, August 7||9:30 - 11:30 a.m.|
Due to the unusual circumstances related to COVID-19, the Library will extend the timeframe for claiming summer reading prizes. If unable to attend a prize pickup date, children and teens will be allowed to turn in their summer reading log to claim their prizes once the Library reopens and until the end of 2020. Remember, summer reading logs are just to track the reading completed from May 21-August 2, and only one reading log per child may be redeemed for prizes.
Pickup Location: Outside on the west side of the Library building, located off of Civic Circle
Pickup Option #1
For patrons to select their own prize book
- Visit the Library during one of the three dates listed above and lineup along the sidewalk outside the west entrance of the Library.
- Patrons must maintain social distancing using the markers on the sidewalk. Masks are required for everyone over the age of 10, unless exempt under the governor's executive order.
- Tables will be setup displaying available prize books by age group. Patrons will approach the appropriate table, turn in their reading log, and select their prize book. Only one reading log per child may be redeemed for prizes.
- No appointment necessary.
Pickup Option #2
For patrons who want a librarian to select their prize book for them and pick it up curbside
- Patrons must fill out the Request Summer Reading Prize Book online form. Separate forms are required for each child/teen. A Youth Services staff member will choose a prize book for the child or teen based on the information provided on the form.
- The online form must be submitted by 8 a.m. on Thursdays to allow staff time to select the books for Friday pickup.
- After submitting the online form, visit the Library during one of the three pickup dates listed above. Park in a designated parking spot on the west side of the Library and stay in your vehicle. A staff member wearing a mask will approach your vehicle and ask for your child's reading log. Only one reading log per child may be redeemed for prizes. The staff member will then bring the prize book to you.
- Mask wearing is ecouraged during this transaction.
- No appointment necessary but patrons must submit the online form by 8 a.m. the Thursday before arriving to pickup their prize book.
- After submitting the online form, patrons may pickup their prize book on any of the subsequently scheduled pickup dates listed above.
Summer Reading Entries for Adults
Adults should visit the Adult Summer Reading page and follow the links to the online forms to submit their completed reading logs and challenges. Click here to visit the Adult Summer Reading page.