Need one-on-one assistance from a librarian? The Book A Librarian service is an opportunity for Lewisville Public Library card holders to receive individual, focused assistance from a professional librarian in a scheduled 30-minute appointment.
Who is eligible to make an appointment?
This service is open to Lewisville Public Library card holders, with a library card in good standing. Any resident of the state of Texas is eligible for a free Lewisville library card.
Topics Librarians can help with
- Library orientation including a tour & website/catalog overview
- Basics of using a computer (Windows)
- Essentials of Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint
- Getting an email address
- Using email more effectively (i.e. attachments, folders, etc)
- Using the Library’s online research tools & databases
- Online job search
- Introduction to Facebook
- Introduction to Twitter
- Basics of using a mobile device or tablet
- Using the Library’s digital collections (i.e. cloudLibrary, hoopla, RBdigital)
- Finding your next great read
Things Librarians are NOT able to help with
Librarians are here to guide you to resources and provide some instruction, but we cannot do the research or complete the project for you. Examples of things we cannot do are:
- Advise or direct you regarding medical, legal, or financial decisions. We can refer you to reputable sources of information.
- Provide technical support for personal electronic devices (i.e. hardware/software installation or setup, data recover, virus/malware removal, security settings, etc). We can provide troubleshooting for library resources.
- Type or proofread documents
- Tutor or provide academic instruction
Making an Appointment
Each appointment can last up to 30 minutes. Additional appointments can be requested with a maximum of two appointments per calendar month.
To make an appointment, click here to complete the online Book A Librarian Appointment Request Form, select the topic for which assistance is needed, and the date/time that is preferred.
Book A Librarian appointment requests must be made at least 4 business days in advance of the preferred appointment date. A librarian will contact requester to schedule and confirm the appointment. Appointments are subject to librarian availability, especially as it relates to scheduling and matching you with the librarian who best fits your needs.