Click HERE to check laptop availability.
LAPTOP LENDING GUIDELINES
The Lewisville Public Library provides a collection of circulating laptop computers for use inside the Library.
- Patrons ages 13 and over are eligible to borrow a laptop.
- Patrons must have a valid Lewisville library card that is current and in good standing to borrow a laptop. Guest and Student cards may not be used to borrow a laptop.
- A laptop may be checked out from the Library’s Information Desk.
- One laptop may be checked out per borrower per day.
- The laptop loan period is 4 hours and may not be split into separate loan periods. No renewal allowed.
- Laptops are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations are not permitted. Library programs receive first consideration in laptop availability.
- Laptops may only be used inside the Library building and may not be taken out of the Library. Laptops may be used in any of the Library’s public areas (inside the security gates), study rooms or meeting rooms. Laptops may not be taken into the restrooms.
- Laptop check outs stop one hour before closing.
Returning a Laptop:
- Laptops must be returned to a staff member at the Information Desk no later than 30 minutes prior to closing, no matter the end time of the loan period. Do not return a laptop through the book drops.
- Borrowers must leave the power on when returning a laptop so staff can check that the laptop is functioning normally prior to checking in the laptop.
- There is a $10 per hour (or any portion of an hour) overdue fee for laptops that are returned after their loan period expires. The maximum overdue charge is not to exceed the replacement cost of the laptop or $50 if returned within 24 hours. The replacement cost of power cords will be assessed in full if lost or damaged. Laptops will not be checked in until all components of the laptop are returned.
- Borrowers are responsible for the laptop hardware and software. Borrowers will be charged for any damages, up to and including the cost of the laptop, if the hardware or software is damaged, lost, or stolen while checked out to them.
- Laptops should not be left unattended in the Library. For a lost laptop, the borrower will be charged the replacement cost of the laptop plus a $5 non-refundable processing fee.
- Borrowers may not change laptop settings or configurations. Personal software may not be downloaded onto the laptop.
- The Library is not responsible for any damage or loss of the borrower’s data or media due to any cause. Borrowers are reminded to take appropriate caution with personal information while using Library laptops. Search history, saved files and other activity are deleted when laptops are returned.
- Use of library laptops is governed by the City of Lewisville and Lewisville Public Library public PC, Internet and wireless use policies. These policies are available on the Library’s website.
- The Library reserves the right to terminate the loan of a laptop at any time, without notice to the borrower if a Library employee believes the laptop has been left unattended by the borrower, used in violation of policies, or used in a manner that is likely to damage the machine. The Library also reserves the right to refuse loan of a laptop to any person who has damaged Library equipment in the past or used computer equipment in violation of City of Lewisville and/or Lewisville Public Library policies.
What is included on the laptops?
Each laptop features a built-in web camera. A computer mouse is available for check-out with a laptop. The following software is available on the laptops.
|Web Browsers:||Microsoft Office 2016||Additional Software:|