Our courier has suspended delivery service due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Therefore, the Lewisville Public Library's interlibrary loan service has been suspended until further notice.
Lewisville Public Library Interlibrary Loan
Interlibrary loan (ILL) is used to request items that have been published for at least one year and are not owned by the Lewisville Public Library. ILL is a courtesy service between participating libraries.
Submitting an Interlibrary Loan Request
Users must first search the Library’s online catalog for the title to determine if the item is owned by the Lewisville Public Library. ILL requests may only be made for items not owned by the Lewisville Public Library. Please read the ILL Guidelines below for full details regarding the interlibrary loan service.
Interlibrary Loan Guidelines
- ILL requests may only be made for items not owned by the Lewisville Public Library. The Lewisville Public Library will request a variety of physical items including books, audiobooks, music CDs, nonfiction DVDs, and microfilm/fiche. Items must have been published for at least one (1) year. For newer items, consider submitting a Purchase Request Form.
- ILL requests made by Lewisville Public Library card holders must originate with and be processed by the Lewisville Public Library. Patrons should refrain from contacting other libraries directly regarding interlibrary loan.
- The Lewisville Public Library will accept and process ILL requests for Lewisville Library cardholders 18 years of age and older with current accounts in good standing. ILL requests may not be made using the library card of a patron under 18.
- Cardholders may have up to four (4) Interlibrary Loan requests “In Process” at one time. “In Process” includes items requested, items received and awaiting check-out, and items currently checked-out.
- An ILL request that violates any of these guidelines will be cancelled.
- Once available for pickup by the patron, ILL items will be held for six (6) days and may be picked up at the Lewisville Library Accounts Desk. Check out periods on ILL items are determined by the lending library. Patrons must not remove any labels attached to the ILL item.
- ILLs must be returned to the Lewisville Public Library. Once an individual title is returned, a patron must wait at least three (3) months before requesting the same title again via ILL.
- The overdue fee for ILL items is $3 per day per item. Cardholders are also responsible for fees assessed by the lending library for lost or damaged ILL items.
- ILL items are not eligible for renewal.
- Patrons who abuse the ILL guidelines may have their ILL privileges suspended.
Please note: Due to shipping time and the limited hours of operation of some library ILL departments, it can take up to two weeks to receive an ILL item.
Loaning Guidelines: Items Loaned to Other Libraries
- The Lewisville Public Library will loan circulating nonfiction print items that have been in the library’s collection for a minimum of one (1) year.
- The Lewisville Public Library will only lend items to other libraries who participate in the Texpress courier service.
- The loan period for ILL items is four weeks from the date the item is sent to the borrowing library.
- Items on loan to other libraries are not renewable.
- The lending library will be charged the replacement cost plus a $5 processing fee for any lost or damaged items.