Lewisville Public Library
Proctored Exam Guidelines
- Proctoring services are provided free of charge to library customers who meet the following criteria:
- Must have a Lewisville Public Library account.
- Customer accounts must be in good standing—account must be current and free of fee and/or fines.
- Customer must reside in Denton County.
- The Library provides proctoring services for exams in both written and online formats. Customers must schedule an exam appointment at least 72 hours in advance by calling the Adult Services Desk at 972.219.3779. No exams will be scheduled via e-mail communication.
- Exams may only be taken during the following times:
- Monday-Thursday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Friday-Saturday 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tests must be completed by 3 p.m.
- Proctoring services include authorized Library staff distributing the exam to the student, collecting the completed exam from the student, and returning the exam to the institution.
- No staff member is available to directly supervise students taking an exam.
- Students must contact the testing institution and arrange to have the exam sent to the proctor. It is the student’s responsibility to coordinate with schools or instructors to ensure the availability or delivery of exams or passwords.
- Students are responsible for verifying that exams or exam passwords have been sent to the Library and are available prior to the scheduled testing appointment. Proctored exam appointments will be considered as requested to reschedule/cancel by the student if the student fails to ensure that the exam or exam password is available to the proctor by the time of the appointment.
- Exams may be sent to proctoring librarians via mail, e-mail, or fax. Please call the Adult Services Desk at 972.219.3779 for the proctor email or fax number.
- Completed exams may be mailed, e-mailed or faxed back to the testing institution. No staff member is authorized to copy exams or mail an exam off-site. Exams will only be mailed via the regular city mail schedule/procedure. The student or testing institution must provide an envelope with appropriate postage to return a completed exam.
- Exams are to be taken at the scheduled appointment time. The Library reserves the right to suspend proctoring privileges for up to one year after the customer requests to cancel, reschedule, or does not appear for a scheduled test more than three times in one academic year (September 1-August 30). Students will be considered as not appearing for a scheduled test 15 minutes after the appointment time.
Students must call the Library's Adult Services Desk at 972.219.3779 for the proctor contact information and email address to which exams may be sent from the testing institution.